Drag Racing Scene Editorial Contributor
Drag Racing Scene is looking to grow our team of editorial and news contributors from across all segments of drag racing. Qualified contributors may submit various types of content, including feature articles, technical reviews, photos, event coverage and curated news items.
Drag Racing Scene is a fast-growing media property that is the go-to source for news and feature content within the drag racing community. It is uniquely positioned among competitors since it covers all levels/types of organized drag racing and Drag Racing Scene aggressively publishes content via print, website, social media and video channels. This is a unique opportunity to become a valuable member of a rising media company built “by and for” real enthusiasts.
- Create and submit quality content including but not limited to feature articles, interviews, photos, event coverage and curated news items
- Interact with readers/fans when attending races as the face of the Drag Racing Scene brand
- Coordinate with sales team to ensure advertising clients receive adequate editorial and promotion within content
- Stay connected to market in order to be first to publish breaking industry news items
- Maintain good working relationships with key industry figures for interviews/news/tips/etc
- Conduct role with high character and integrity as a public member of Drag Racing Scene editorial team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Passion and appreciation for all forms of drag racing
- Basic technical knowledge as it pertains to drag racing equipment
- Exceptional writing, storytelling and editing skills (samples must be provided)
- Must be able to supply supporting original photography and/or video footage
- Ability to supply assignments in a timely manner and thrive against deadlines
- Requires excellent communication with internal production team and Drag Racing Scene editor
- Detail oriented and highly organized personality
- This position can be performed from most locations within US and does not require relocation.
- This role is a 1099 position and compensation varies per content type, length and originality. Contributor will be paid monthly based on published content. Xceleration Media does not restrict our contributors from other freelance employment provided all employment relationships are fully disclosed.